Wednesday, June 21, 2023

always waiting


I am always waiting
no matter what I do
everything takes longer
than it really needs to
I wait for morning to come 
I wait for the day to end
at night I fall asleep
just to wake up and wait again

just when I think I'm finished
the waiting starts once more
at times all of this waiting
is too much to ignore
is it time for supper?
is it time to go to bed?
no, it's time for waiting
for whatever lies ahead

I wait every morning
I wake every night
I wait now and forever
for things to turn out right
I wait for your approval
I wait for answers, too
I wait for everything
what else am I supposed to do?

I am always waiting
for life to go the way I please
I'm begging of you, help me
I'm down on bended knew
one day I will not be here
I'll be at Heaven's holy shore
and the one good thing about it
is I won't have to wait anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment