Tuesday, June 20, 2023

hobo with an oboe


I studied at the university
I played in all the shows
performed with the Philharmonic
but I guess that's how it goes
ever since I fell on hard times
I have nothing left to choose
I'm a hobo with an oboe
and, yes, I play the blues

I play all varieties
classical and pop
I play fast and I play slow
and hardly ever stop
I can perform Gershwin
Rhapsody in Blue
I'm a hobo with an oboe
that's what I was meant to do

          a hobo with an oboe
          that's exactly what I am
          a hobo with an oboe
          I could play at your next jam

so if you ever need an oboe
I can be your man
with music in my fingers
and woodwind in my hands
at times I can be silent
or I can play the whole night through
I'm a hobo with an oboe
and I'm playing just for you


No comments:

Post a Comment