Thursday, June 22, 2023

let me say goodbye


there is no end
to the lies that you've told me
just when I think it's stopped
it starts all over again
I look at all the ways
you tried hard to mold me
I can't believe
I thought you were my friend

when we first met
I gave you all my trust
just like a little kid
I gave my best to you
now all my brave plans
have begun to rust
all I'm admitting
is that's the best I can do

          when I see the rising sun
          take over the sky
          I know that it's time to leave
          let me say goodbye

when I am gone
you'll soon find another
who you can tell your nonsense to
and they will believe
it's like I live a life
of being undercover
all I have is freedom
my trick under my sleeve

          when I see the rising sun
          take over the sky
          I know that it's time to leave
          let me say goodbye          

              

No comments:

Post a Comment