Sunday, June 4, 2023

my imagination


my imagination
has lost all its power
it is not mine to know
but in the light
of my darkest hour
I know where it will go
it will lead me to places
where hope can exist
even when I know it's not true
it leaps over hurdles
it will take the risk
to lead me back home to you

my imagination
has grown very tired
I test it most all of the time
it leaves me alone
to be uninspired
here at the scene of the crime
but I am not worried
it's just taking a rest
so it can continue working
it does what it knows
and does its level best
to find ways to keep me from hurting

my imagination
is made out of wonder
it sees anything that it needs
in visions of lightning
and fields of thunder
it will not allow me to bleed
when I am finished
when I am done
I know it will stay behind
running ahead
of the setting sun
who knows what it will find


No comments:

Post a Comment