Friday, June 23, 2023

open window


I can hear everything
through this open window
I hear cars roaring by
I hear the wind blow
people passing
lights a-flashing
children hard at play
strangers talking 
people walking
through another day

I can see everything
through this open window
there are no secrets
nothing that I can't know
I see places to go
people I don't know
all kinds of surprises
I see the milky way
the light of day
as the sun rises

          everything stimulates my senses
          makes me live inside present tenses

I can do anything
through this open window
the day has its own music
I hear the violin bow
singing across strings
there's so much happening
I am at rest here
so much to do
but I'll make it through
I will do my best here

I can hear everything
through an open window


No comments:

Post a Comment