Wednesday, June 14, 2023

big city blues


the clothes are all washed
I've been to the grocery store
my clothes are all washed
I've been to the grocery store
I got nothing else to do
so I'm walking out the door

gonna find some trouble
that I can get into
there's so much trouble
that I can get into
and all of that trouble
is surrounding you

          in this big ol' city
          it's as noisy as can be
          everybody I meet
          is a rank stranger to me
          what can I do?
          I'm feeling so confused 
          all I have left to do
          is sing the blues

I'm coming to get you
then we can be on our way
I'm gonna get you
then we'll be on our way
what we're gonna be doing
well, I just can't say

take me to the corner
I will be by your side
right there on the corner
I will be by your side
I've got the big city blues
and I can't be satisfied


No comments:

Post a Comment