Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In the here-and-now


Hey, I hope you don't think I'm ignoring you.

I don't.

Well, good. First there was the housesitting and now I have a friend spending a couple of days. It'll get back to normal soon. 'Course then I have to go to California for a little while.

Which is good. Very good, to be correct. This is what you're supposed to do: See friends, play music, live life.

Oh, I don't know if I want to go that far...

That's what you're doing. Living life, having experiences. I know it's fun to live in solitude with the internet and marijuana and food, but it's not good for you to do that all of the time. Think of it like an investment: You're saving up experiences to be memories in your future.

Even though you could just enjoy them in the here-and-now, farmboy.

I know. But I fuckin' like isolating myself...

It's like I said, that's fine sometimes. But not all the time.

But, anyway, you're doing fine. You're being social. I'm proud of you for that, I really am.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I'm gonna go out, go to the music store and hang out and look for a birthday gift for my niece. She's gonna be 4 years old on Thursday.

Are you going to get her something from the music store?

I hope so. I'm gonna look.

Have a good time, farmboy.

Hey, it's a fuckin' music store! How can I not have a good time?



No comments:

Post a Comment