Monday, July 19, 2010

Twelfth day walking


Farmboy, did you just walk in from being outside?

Yeah, how'd you know? (sniffs armpits) I didn't sweat that much.

I looked for you in here, but you weren't here.

I went on my fuckin' walk. I'm trying to walk every day. Started a couple weeks ago. Today was my twelfth day walking.

Good so far.

I guess.

Try to enjoy the process, farmboy. Really, walking can be fun.

I went through an illness several years ago and I never really recovered. It can be hard for me to walk.

Damn, farmboy, I had no idea.

Yeah. Anyway, I'm trying to get more stamina. I'm eating better and I'm more active. And you're right, I need to learn to enjoy the process. I've never been good at that. Except for the first, like, 10 years of writing songs. I couldn't not write then.

Anyway, I want to walk, I want to be active, I want to be part of the human race before I die,you know? I know I'm being overdramatic, but I want to learn to enjoy the movements of my body. I'm tired of being afraid of my body and my mind.

I'm here to support you in this. I'm proud of you, farmboy. I'm glad to see you take action.

Thanks. I really didn't want to go walking today.

But you did.

Yeah. Boy, it's hard, man, because some days I just don't want to go out that door.

I know. You want to isolate yourself.

Isolation...It just seems so much safer.

But it's not, farmboy. Not to that extent.

I know. I've been doing better with that this summer.

I've noticed.

It's been pretty positive so far.

You've been pretty positive...

So far.



No comments:

Post a Comment