Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My own kind


Tired, man. That's what I am. Kinda depressed, because I have to go to work again tomorrow and probably for the rest of my life. But, hey, I went to the coffeehouse and saw my friends. It's good for me to be around other musicians, especially since I'm back at The Fuckin' Job.
I mean, I like the people I work with all right, but I need to be around my own kind, you know? It's important.

It is important, farmboy. You need to be around other musicians, because that's who you are. It's not just what you do, it's the way you go through life.

You're right, man. I'm going to have to make seeing my music pals a priority, a high priority. 'Cause just seeing people at work, well...Again, they're fine. But I'm a musician, man. That's my real life. Not this fuckin' day job at a fuckin' public high school.

So I'm glad I went. It was good to see them. They are such great people. I feel very lucky, very blessed to know the musicians that I've known in my life.

And they're very fortunate to know you, farmboy.

You know, I hope so. But there are times when I don't understand why anyone would be my friend.

We all go through that, farmboy.

I know, but sometimes it's almost crippling to me. But I'm getting better about it, I think. At least I don't get as down as I did last year. 

You moving in the right direction at least.

Yeah. And that's a relief. I've got a lot of lost time that I need to make up.



No comments:

Post a Comment