Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm in the mines


Any luck with the writing, farmboy?

Not much. I have been writing, though. I just haven't written anything that I want to use, as far as I can tell. I could always change my mind, use a phrase, you know. It always just feels like...I don't know. It's like you can't even fuckin' imagine writing a song. But it always feels like that sometimes and it always works itself out.

So, basically, I'm at work, I'm in the mines, I'm looking for nuggets of something. I'll know it when I see it.

It's good that you're writing. I know it's frustrating but it's good that you have some self-discipline to rely on.

Yeah, well, I'm showing up and suiting up. That's what a counselor once told me.

Smart words.

They are, aren't they? The tough part is actually doing it. Of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment