Saturday, October 20, 2012

The bad guys are fuckin' winning, man


So today there was a break in the rain and I put a Barack Obama bumper sticker on my car. I just got my ballot. I can't watch or listen to the debates; they make me too fuckin' nervous, man. 

I mean, the bad guys are fuckin' winning, man, as far as I can see. They're fuckin' running Congress and they block all this stuff that would be good for our country.

Stop me, man, I'm on a fuckin' rant.

I sense a lot of anger in you about this election, farmboy.

About politics in general, man. 'Cept I believe in Barack Obama. I really believe he is a decent man and I think he could be one of the great presidents if he's given the chance. I know I'm probably naive, but...it's good to have hope once in a while, you know?

I don't know, man, I just don't know. I feel so fuckin' powerless all the time.

But you're not, farmboy. It's very, very important that you remember that. 

I know. But I just feel that way sometimes.

But it goes away, right?

So far. 

That's pretty cynical.

No, really. I'm always waiting for the other show to fall. Or something. One of those cliches. The last straw, you know?

The other side of that,of course, is hope, which stubbornly refuses to leave. Even though sometimes I think it would be preferable and easier for my life if it did leave.

I'm glad for you that it doesn't, farmboy.

I'm glad for me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment