Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Paying gigs


Worried about money. Again. It's just a fuckin' full-time gig, you know, this worrying about money. I need to get music gigs, man. Paying gigs. I know that there are people out there who could make use of my songs.

So, farmboy, how do you get gigs?

Well, I gotta get a "presence" on the internet. I gotta get a website and I gotta get an electronic press kit. In lieu of that, I give out my stuff, which is a one-page bio and a CD. 

The main thing is that I need to make some money. Even, maybe, playing at a coffeehouse for tips. Fuck, it's hard. 

But that's okay...

Yeah, it is, it is okay. What I learned this summer is that I can work on music full-time and I enjoy it. I enjoy being busy if my music's involved. And I'm not even asking for full-time music stuff. I'm asking for, like, an extra two or three hundred bucks a month. That's got to be possible, right.

You'll never know until you try, farmboy.

Well, I'm just gonna have to fuckin' try, aren't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment