Thursday, October 10, 2013

head on home to you, rewrite two


long day
long night
nothing seems
to work out right
I wish I may
I wish I might
head on home to you

without your love

what can I be
but a broken sailor
in a broken sea
all I want, babe
all I need
is to head on home to you

          when the world is angry

          looking to cause me harm
          I only need the shelter
          of your arms

stubborn silence
empty words
love unspoken
and unheard
all I need, babe
to be cured
is to head on home to you

          when the world is angry

          in business with the blues
          I know which direction
          to choose

long night

long days
everything 
is not okay
trouble
get out of my way
I'm heading home to you
there's no more words
for me to say
I'm heading home to you


No comments:

Post a Comment