Sunday, October 27, 2013

static on the airwaves


there's whiskey in her words
there's moonlight on her skin
there's a young man waiting
for his real life to begin
there's dreams that must be broken
to find the ones that live
there's too much good out there
for me not to forgive
it's a all day all night station
my inner radio
but now there's static on the airwaves
and my dial's lost control

I got my pretty darlin'
she's sitting on my knee
she's making me feel sinful
in these forsaken farmer jeans
she's got a touch like springtime
after the final winter snow
and lately I've been feeling
about twenty-three below
it's an all day all night station
my inner phonograph
but now there's static on the airwaves
and I just have to laugh

the stars, they shine like diamonds
in this dusty desert town
in this lot outside of Denny's
with nobody else around
a northern chill is coming
and the summer's at an end
with no guarantee that it
will ever come again 
it's an all day all night station
is your headset on?
there's static on the airwaves
and it's darkest before dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment