Friday, October 25, 2013

It's the fuckin' best, man


I've had a good day. I thought you should know.

Great, farmboy! I'm glad. I know that life has been a little rough these past few months. What happened?

Well, my birthday's tomorrow and my coworkers did some really nice stuff for me. I even got presents, and the best kind: gift cards for stores where I can buy groceries. This is really thrilling for me. I've had to watch every cent for so long that it feels luxurious.

Also, I'm gonna leave in a half-hour to pick up some weed...

And I know that makes you happy.

It's the fuckin' best, man. Plus I'm taking a personal day on Monday, so it's a three-day weekend!

Enjoy it, farmboy.

You know I will, man. 

What are you going to do for your birthday?

My brother and his wife and daughter are taking me out for supper. We're going to go to this burger place that's supposed to be really great. And then -- this is not related to my birthday -- I'm going out Sunday night to see my friends from the coffeehouse. We have a songwriter group, so that means I get to practice a new song for them.

Very good, farmboy.

I'm thankful, man. I'm grateful. I'm kinda humbled and speechless, in a way.

A good way, I hope.

It sure is.


No comments:

Post a Comment