Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I am not supposed to use clichés


Damn, man, the night goes by so fuckin' fast. It just ain't fair. Work just crawls on by, but my free time just flies. To use a cliché, that is.

Such is life, farmboy. To use another cliché. 

I'm a writer, man, a songwriter. I am not supposed to use clichés, unless it's for a particular purpose. I need to be suspicious of sentimentality. Look at this: time just flies. Fuck, man, what's wrong with me? Is this stuff so fuckin' ingrained that I can't help but use it? And what is "stuff" anyway? Is "stuff" an "it" or a "them"? Why is this stuff so hard? Why am I so fuckin' stupid anyway?

Calm down, farmboy! You're making a much bigger deal over this than you should.

I'm just joking, man! You know, humor. Funny ha-ha, you know?

Oh. Well, in that case, say whatever you want.

That's what I'm gonna do, man. As if my life depended on it. If it's the last thing I do. Lord willin' and the creek don't rise. If the...

farmboy?

Yeah?

Stop. Please.

Okay.

Sheesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment