Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Desert island discs!


So I was thinking, man, that I should list the ten albums I would take to a desert island. I mean, all those rock critics do that, so I should. For history's sake, you know?

You could just do it for the fun of it, farmboy,

Yeah, I suppose so. But what fuckin' good is that? 

Well, farmboy, it would be fun.

Okay. I'm not gonna do them in order, okay? 

Grievous Angel by Gram Parsons
Nebraska by Bruce Springsteen
Graceland by Paul Simon
The Harder They Come by Jimmy Cliff and others (soundtrack)
Person Pitch by Panda Bear
Blue by Joni Mitchell
Time (The Revelator) by Gillian Welch
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco
Famous Blue Raincoat by Jennifer Warnes (songs of Leonard Cohen)
Paradise and Lunch by Ry Cooder
Shoot Out the Lights by Richard and Linda Thompson

farmboy?

Yes?

You've got eleven albums on this top ten…

Yeah? So fuckin' sue me, asshole.

Anyway, that was much easier than I thought. I can think of even more. Maybe I should make a second list.

Which you can do if you want.

Maybe I will. That was fun, you were right.


No comments:

Post a Comment