Sunday, May 25, 2014

pope paul


if I spoke Italian
if I wore a funny hat
if I was chauffeured in a fancy car
if I prayed in public
I'd tell sweet Jesus where it's at
I sure wouldn't be stuck
in some room playing guitar
I mean, I've got the talent
I've got the brains
and finally, most of all
no one would complain
'cause I've got the right name
I'd make a great pope paul

oh, God and me
we'd split apart the red sea
it would be
such a fine reunion
I'd say "what the heck"
and we'd both genuflect
and say 
"hey
next week let's meet for coffee and communion"

you know I wouldn't fool ya
I'd be great at hallelujah
I'll see you at Notre Dame
in Montreal
need I tell you more?
I'd be the one you adore
I'd make a great pope paul
(oh course, in my version,
I sure wouldn't have to be no virgin)
I'd make a great pope paul


No comments:

Post a Comment