Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I function pretty good, don't I?


I tell you, man, I'm tired. I hate being tired. It reminds me that some day I'm gonna die, and chances are that will be after some terrible thing happens, like an illness or a fuckin' accident or a political bombing or something, I don't know what…

Are you always this cheery and hopeful, farmboy?

You know what I mean. I'm tired, but I'm okay. I'm maybe a little depressed, but I'm always fuckin' depressed.

I know. That's why you're on medication.

Damn straight. Gimme those drugs, man.

I function pretty good, don't I? I'm even making an album. I go to my fuckin' job five days a week, I pay my bills. I write every day, I play guitar every day, I exercise every day. Pretty good for a person with clinical depression, eh? I've even been diagnosed with that obsessive/compulsive disorder that's so popular now. Hey, I had OCD before the rest of you!

You are very functional, farmboy. I just wish you were happier.

I don't know what to tell you, man. I wish I was happier, too. It's strange; I almost can't even imagine happiness. But I must still believe it's there. I mean, I keep going, you know?

I know. You do keep going. But, again, I just wish that you were happier.

(sighs)  I'm working on it, man. Every single fuckin' day of my miserable life.


No comments:

Post a Comment