Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Nobody says moola anymore


Man, I did so much writing at work today. 

That's good to hear, farmboy. Any writing you do is good for you.

I know. That's why I write every fuckin' day, man. Gotta keep working those muscles, you know. More and more it's what gives my life meaning. Which doesn't mean that I like it any more, it just…I don't know…

Go ahead, farmboy. Tell me what you get from writing.

I think, in a way, it's like anything else that's a discipline. You build up these little muscles one day at a time and then after a while you see how much stronger you got. You respect yourself because you know the hard work and determination you had to use. And then you keep on doing it.

For me, when I don't write, words feel very costly, like you become afraid to spend them. It's like money. Moola. I like the word moola. Nobody says moola anymore.

Anyway, what I want is to write so often that words become fuckin' cheap. So you can afford to spend them in order to find out how you say what you want to say. Or it's like fish in a barrel, or any one of a number of cliches.

Why would it be like fish in a barrel?

Oh, I don't know, man. It's just sounded good at the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment