Sunday, June 7, 2015

I need a couple of friends or something


You know, man, today I got all fuckin' anxious and stuff about anything that would irritate me. I felt pressured by this friend of mine who wants me to pinpoint an exact date that I'll be in California. I don't know yet, things may be changing…

You're not canceling your trip, are you, farmboy?

Man, I hope not. I want to see everybody. It's been three fuckin' years, man. I need to go home.

Are you homesick?

I'm just fuckin' lonely, that's all. Since my brother and his family moved to Yakima. Since my friend Richard is no longer involved with the coffeehouse. Since my friend Glen and my stepmother died.

There's been a lot of changes in your life, farmboy.

Man, don't I know it. 

Anyway, I just feel so fuckin' unconnected. I don't belong to anyone. I don't have wheels, which is my choice, but it hampers my getting around and so I'm not too social.

You've never been a real extroverted person, farmboy. You tend to isolate yourself at times.

Yeah, I know. I wish I…I don't know, man. I need a couple of friends or something. I'm lonely.

You're lonely.

I wish it wasn't so fuckin' hard being me, you know, with all my fuckin' flaws and unfulfilled desires and suspended dreams. 

All that human stuff…

(sighs)  Yeah, all the things that go along with being a fuckin' human being. You'd think they would've found a cure for that by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment