Thursday, February 11, 2016

Big gig


So here I sit, at work at this fuckin' school again. I can't wait to go home so I can smoke weed and play guitar. I got a big gig I gotta prepare for. 

Is this the benefit at the Aladdin Theater?

Yeah. I'm a little nervous about it. I haven't performed for a while.

You'll be fine, farmboy. Your performing instincts will be working like they always do.

That's what I'm betting on, man. All this performance anxiety is pretty fuckin' stupid anyway. 

One thing I am doing is practicing the songs every day. I'm playing four songs and they need to be ingrained so deeply that they're just automatic.

And how's that going?

Pretty good. Very good, actually. I still don't have an opening song, but I'm not too worried. I've got stuff to choose from, but I don't want to wait till the last minute.

Are you playing anything new, farmboy?

Yeah, I'm planning to play a new one called "Box Marked Fragile." I'm gonna close with that and I think it'll be...well, fun isn't really the right word, but it's kinda close.

It sounds like you've got everything pretty much under control, farmboy.

I'm working on it. That's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment