Thursday, February 4, 2016

box marked fragile 4


I am a box marked fragile
I am sitting on your porch
waiting to be opened
it's cold here in the rain
now, I don't mean to complain
but this is not what I was hoping

masking tape isn't holding
I'm all filled up with memories
too many to count
but once you let me through the door
I won't need them anymore
you can help me throw them out

       I can be strong
       I know I can
       I just need a little help
       this box contains
       a broken man
       who's trying to repair himself

I am a box marked fragile
my destination is
to your open arms
I don't know how you feel
but honey, I'm the real deal
babe, I ain't no false alarm

          I can be strong
          I know I will
          I just need a gentle hand
          to hold me up until
          I get the strength to stand

I am a box marked fragile
I am all beaten up
battered black and blue
but if you take me in
the healing can begin
and I'll be good as new
I'm telling you
I'll be good as new


No comments:

Post a Comment