Wednesday, February 17, 2016

This is my job now


So, man, I thought I'd give you a call. Today I left the hospital and was transferred to the physical rehab center, which is where I'm calling you from.

I'm so glad you called, farmboy. I've been thinking about you a lot, wondering how you're doing.

It's a lot of different things, which I guess is to be expected. Some days I feel a lot of anxiety and panic, and I'm working at that the best I can.

But, you know, this could have been so much worse and I am so grateful for it not being worse. I'm also grateful for all the amazing doctors and nurses and people who are working with me.

You know, you've got a really good attitude.

Not all the time, man. I mean, it's fuckin' scary, it's hard work, it's extremely challenging, and sometimes downright gross and disgusting. But, man, I can't afford much negativity. I have to focus on being able to walk again. This is my job now.


No comments:

Post a Comment