Sunday, February 7, 2016

pencil


once you put a pen to paper
and scribble down some words
it takes a lot of trouble to replace them
but pick up the lowly pencil
(preferably a number two)
it only takes a moment to erase them
and then write something new
something that halfway pleases you
and if you don't like it
you can start over again
'cause a pencil wants to do
what feels exactly right to you
a pencil can be your one true friend

you say "what about technology
when used for common good?"
I say we're about ecology
'cause we're made out of wood

I am proud to be your pencil
I hope you use me well
but if you don't,
don't throw me away, son
if you don't like the words you write
just turn me over
I don't mind
you know you can always erase them
and then write something new
something that halfway pleases you
and it will be great
eleven out of ten
'cause a pencil will be there for you
doing what it wants to do
'cause a pencil is your one true
(remember -- a number two)
a pencil is your one true friend


No comments:

Post a Comment