Saturday, June 18, 2016

The swing of things


Well, I'm going back to my brother's house.

What happened, farmboy? Is everything all right?

Oh, yeah, it's fine. It's going good, in fact. I'm going there so I can be with my niece during the day. She's out of school now and both my brother and his wife are working, so I'm just trying to help them out a little. I mean, they've helped me an amazing amount these past few months.

Yes, they have. It's good that you're doing that.

It'll be good for me, too. Get me out of this apartment, get to see other people. I can get myself pretty fuckin' isolated sometimes.

It sounds like a healthy move.

They've also got their piano back from storage, so there's always that as well. I did a fair amount of writing for piano in rehab, so it'll be good to work on some stuff.

I think I could get back in the swing of things, man. I just need to get back to good habits. All these transitions have had their difficulties but the coast is clear for right now. Or at least as far as I can tell. I ain't no magic guy that can predict the future.

You're due for some better times, farmboy.

We're all due for better times, man. I'll settle for just a little calmness for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment