Tuesday, January 3, 2017

people inside me


there are people inside me
I do not know their names
but they're all looking at me
as the one to take the blame
there's the five-year-old that's hurting
and scared and all alone
all he ever wants to do is
stay here at home
and sing along with records
and keep to himself
somehow he starts believing
everything's for someone else
there's this kid who's 14
and he's angry and sad
and no one pays attention
not even mom and dad
and he's scared and he's alone
and no one knows he's alive
he needs someone he can talk with
in order to survive
and both say "don't hit me"
but also crave to be struck
they don't know what happened
both of them are fucked
and they're looking at me
to ride in and save the day
and all I can do tell them
"look, I'm trying -- okay?"


No comments:

Post a Comment