Saturday, February 1, 2020

In a way, it's like magic


Man, I tell you, I've been working a lot on music lately. I have these two new songs in the works, to add to all the other new songs that I have. It feels good. I don't know if the rest of my life is any good, but the music is working and that's the main thing I want. Except for family and some friends, this is what matters. It's not whether or not I get noticed or ever make any money or anything. The creative part of me is very determined and wants it badly. And what I want to do is create music.

And now you're doing it, farmboy. I mean, you've been doing it for years, as long as I've known you, and I still love seeing you get excited for the creativity you experience when it comes to writing.

Yeah, it's pretty fuckin' amazing, if you think about it. I don't know what all the unconscious does but it feels like it puts all this stuff together, it makes all these connections that maybe I'm not supposed to know. In a way, it's like magic. 

It is pretty amazing when you think about it. Your mind goes through all these experiences, all these things you've observed, all these thing you've felt. And it gets put together in a piece of art that lasts, what? Three and a half minutes or so...

That's on the long side, man.

Whatever. It amazes me that you can put so much of yourself into that space of time. Not everybody can do that.

I can't fix a car. If my plumbing breaks, I'm sunk.

But everybody has talents. And yours, my friend, is in music.

I know. It's frustrating sometimes, especially when I'm not performing much. But I feel blessed. This is the only thing that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment