Monday, February 17, 2020

simple proof


I forgot what I was gonna say
but I'm gonna say it anyway
as soon as I figure out what it was
it was on the tip of my tongue
inspiration had begun 
and then it slipped away 
just because
so I'll take these feeble thoughts
and hope that I have not forgot
everything inside that makes me me
everything that I can do
is in, someway, meant only for you
that's the simple truth that I see

in some ways I'm a simple man
too simple to understand
all that's going on around me
I try my best and I work hard
but my life's a deck of cards
dealt by all those demons 
that surround me
but I'll do what I will
and I'll keep doing it until
my confusion goes where it will go
hoping you'll be there for me
is all I'm able to see
it's the simple truth that I know


No comments:

Post a Comment