Wednesday, February 19, 2020

not standing still


I don't need any more dreams
I need some reality that doesn't hurt
I don't need to make pretend
I need to find out what I'm worth
my life has been nothing but plans
now I need to see just who I am
maybe I won't understand
or maybe I will
all I know is I'm not standing still

I don't want to live my life
being afraid of living
I want to find a path
that leads to forgiving
I don't want to hold on to nothing
I want to believe in something
I'm tired of all this running
up every hill
all I know is I'm not standing still

          bad luck has surrounded me
          for as long as I remember
          but I recognize a sound in me
          that I cannot surrender

I need to do what I must do
and I know one thing for certain
I'm gonna move up the road
I'm sick and tired of all this hurting
I'm standing here on dry land
with everything that I am
I can be a grateful man
with no more time to kill
all I know is I'm not standing still


No comments:

Post a Comment