Saturday, February 29, 2020

words


I have no idea what to say
words don't come too easily
when my mind decides to go away
and make a fool out of me
but for you I'll do the best I can
toss verbs and nouns and adjectives
words to make you understand
to help you see where magic is

I'll tell you what you want to hear
that living life is just a dream
I can make it sound sincere
in ways where you'll know what I mean
words are cheap and words are hollow
unless they come from the soul
meaning is mine to borrow
I went in broken and came out whole

let me give my words to you
they are a gift from my heart
please believe that they are true
even when they fall apart
I have no idea what to say
words don't come too easily
but solemn peace will come my way
if you take these words from me


No comments:

Post a Comment