Thursday, February 27, 2020

Pancakes and real maple syrup


So today I'm going to see my therapist and I don't know what to talk about. My life hasn't changed -- my life never changes -- but that's old news. I talk about that kind of shit constantly. I'm sick of hearing myself. I really treasure the time that I get to have with my therapist and I hate to waste it going over and over my same old complaints.

Maybe you could talk about your hopes, what you want out of life and how to get it. Name something that you'd like to have.

Pancakes and real maple syrup.

No, I mean seriously.

I'd like to have friends. I'd like to be part of a community. It's so hard being isolated for so long all the fuckin' time.

I'd like to play music, even if it's just for some friends. It's extremely frustrating to be constantly writing and practicing when you never play for somebody else. It's not that I don't get anything from practicing, it's just that the circle is incomplete if I don't perform. I've done this for a long, long time. How am I supposed to do without it now?

I need a job. I need money. I need to be around people. I need to have a purpose where other people are affected.

See, farmboy, you have plenty to talk about.

But I've talked about all that stuff! I just keep running around in circles, as far as therapy's concerned. My therapist must be so bored. But he's such a great guy and a great resource to have. I don't take him for granted. But my life just refuses to move in any fuckin' direction.

So talk to him about that, the frustration. Tell him about how you'd like to move on but the same old stuff won't let you.

Okay, I'll try that, We'll see how that works. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment