Thursday, April 23, 2020

Hurray for me


I'm scheduled to speak with my therapist in just a few minutes and I don't know what to talk about. Help me.

What has this past week been like, farmboy?

It's been okay, mainly. Had a couple of rough moments, but I got past them because I took action.

Like what?

Mainly stuff I have a mental block about. Financial things, filling out online forms. But I filled things out and made phone calls and did it. Hurray for me.

That's really good, farmboy. Taking action instead of being afraid or intimidated, that's important.

Yeah, I agree. It hasn't been a bad week considering that I'm self-quarantined, or whatever you want to call it. It's been one of the more successful weeks. Of course, part of that has to do with the fact that I got groceries, and I'm getting more groceries.

So you're taking care of yourself?

Trying to. I've generally been eating fairly well, except for the times at night when I fuck up. I've walked a couple of times outdoors, which I'm uncomfortable doing, and I've gotten in some exercise everyday, real exercise where I'm fuckin' sweating and stuff. I've been getting plenty of sleep, of course. There's not a whole lot else to do.

You're playing guitar, you're walking, you're meditating. You're filling out forms, making phone calls.

I try to make at least one phone call a day to somebody so I can feel somewhat connected to another human being.

Is it helping?

It is. I'm glad I'm doing that.

You know, man, I just looked at the time and I'm got to get ready for therap[y.

Well, okay. Good talking with you, farmboy.

Same here, man. Now I feel connected with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment