Wednesday, April 15, 2020

my shopping list


time to do my chores
now, what have I missed
the supermarket calls me
now, where's my shopping list
I need some baby carrots
a loaf of whole wheat bread
but there's something missing
I need something else instead

I could use self-confidence
with a side of self-esteem
someone who'll truly love me
you know what I mean
a few more muscles in my arms
and some answers my brain
'cause no matter what I think or do
it all comes out the same

so I went down to the grocery store
and I handed them my list
I said "you need to fill this now
or else I'm gonna be pissed"
but they couldn't find a single thing
I wrote down on that page
there was steam coming out of my ears
I was mad and in a rage

I said I could use some patience here
and a dose of manners to boot
I need ambition 
that's what's been missin'
and I wouldn't mind being cute
my attention span is short
and I'd like it to be long
everything I have in me
has somehow turned out wrong

"we have nothing like that here
would you kindly leave the store
you are in no better shape
than you were before"
and they handed me my shopping list
and said we can't help you, man
then they dragged me out the door
saying "stay out -- understand?"

so now I'm back where I was
I've learned from my mistakes
I buy fruit and vegetables
and processed foods to make
next time I decide to work
on something for myself
I won't go to the grocery store
I look for some place else


No comments:

Post a Comment