Thursday, April 30, 2020

I can't afford being depressed


Well, I'll tell you, it's been hard writing lately. Rewriting, not so much. I finished this one song I've been working on called "Walking Each Other Home." The rewriting of it has been amazingly easy. It just needed time and patience. I really like this song and want to do it justice. It's about the whole quarantine situation that's going on right now. It is, against all odds, a hopeful song.

I think that's what people need right now, farmboy. They need hope and comforting. This is a very scary place we're in.

Yeah, it is. I need to go on the bus to go to the bank and I don't know how wise that is. But tomorrow I'll do that, unless it becomes too stressful. I'm not going to fool around with it if it causes too much stress.

That's wise. There's no use in stressing yourself out if you can help it. How was your video appointment with your therapist?

It was good. Despite the problems that we're facing now, things are going well. And I think that's because we're in a situation which I know is serious. I feel like I can't afford being depressed. Which doesn't mean I don't get depressed. But it's mainly depression out of boredom. And that can be fixed.

I find that it's still hard.

I'm not saying it isn't hard. It is hard. You just have to use your noggin a bit to figure it out.

I'll try that, thanks. You're inspiring me.

I don't have it down, by any means. I'm still bored a huge part of the day. I don't let myself smoke weed until after 6 p.m., and sometimes it seems like it takes forever. Sometimes I find myself sitting at the computer, mindlessly going to the same old websites that I go to, over and over. And that gets old. I've learned at some point to pick up the guitar and start playing. At the end of this situation I should emerge a better guitarist, at least as far as my own songs go.

I heard you practicing earlier, farmboy. You're sounding really good.

Thanks. I've been working at it. It takes so fuckin' long for me to be comfortable with my songs, but it's getting there. I'm pleased, for the most part.

I'm off to finish up the chores I make for myself. You have a good day. And don't get bored, okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment