Saturday, September 5, 2020

be at peace


I didn't want to wake up/ I wanted to stay in bed/ I wanted to pull the blankets/ up over my head/ and pretend that I/ didn't have to work/ I'll stay here in bed/ where I can't be hurt/ and the hours will pass/ and I will, at last/ be at peace

I didn't want to call you/ I didn't want to talk/ I wanted to find some place/ where I can take a walk/ to another country/ to another land/ to another morning/ where I can be who I am/ and the hours will fly/ to a time where I/ can be at peace

(bridge) and I will sleep/ till I can't sleep anymore/ and I will sleep/ the way I used to sleep before/ all this trouble/ knocked on my door

I didn't want to worry/ so I fell asleep instead/ those pills the doctor gave me/ did a number on my head/ so I will dream/ the dreams of the sane/ knowing that bad luck/ has memorized my name/ and the hours will pass/ and I will, at last/ be at peace


No comments:

Post a Comment