Wednesday, September 23, 2020

my other life (rewrite 2)


with my back against a tree/ I rest in the shade/ for one moment I am free/ from the mess my life has made/ I dream of how it should have been/ before losing, born to win/ home with family, dogs, and friends/ meet my children and my wife/ welcome to my other life

I think about what I've missed/ as I walk these city streets alone/ my mind's confused, but still insists/ I've never really found my home/ I think about the years gone by/ the saying's old, but time does fly/ leaving you alone to cry/ against the fading light/I hide in my other life

(bridge) to always live in fantasy/ that's what my life turned out to be/ falsehoods, lies, and fantasy/ are all I have to show

I don't know who I am/ barely human, filled with sorrow/ I don't know if I can/ lift my face to see tomorrow/ so I dream of what could be/ if I could change my history/ the old world laughs in front of me/ and misery cuts like a knife/ welcome to my other life


No comments:

Post a Comment