Thursday, September 17, 2020

out among the rolling waves (rewrite 2)

 

out among the rolling waves/ the rough and rowdy open sea/ the storm clouds proudly misbehave/ in the world in front of me/ I smell danger/ I sound the warning/ inside my old aching head/ the world laughs there before me/ as it strives to leave me dead/ to leave me rotting in my grave/ there among the rolling waves

out among the open waves/ it is there my future waits/ there is nothing left to save/ it takes all it can take/ nobody knows I'm here/ no friends, no family/ if I were to disappear/ no one would know except for me/ the world laughs there before me/ knowing what it holds in store/ no one left to tell my story/ I'll be gone forevermore/ no comfort will I crave/ there among the rolling waves

out among the rolling waves/ that's where I will wait for you/ not out where the roads are paved/ not where land is mine to view/ the world laughs there before me/ its cruelty is mine to bear/ I know faith will not ignore me/ not that anyone would care/ I do my best to be brave/ there among the rolling waves



No comments:

Post a Comment