Friday, September 11, 2020

The whole world is poison

 

It is so fuckin' ugly outside. Fires are raging all over the west coast and 500,000 people have had too be evacuated here in Oregon. Thankfully, things are all right here, but it's very smoky and the sky is this weird orange-brown color. I'm not going for a walk today.

This sad, sad city. First we have all the political upheaval, all the protests, the fuckin' president -- I even hate to call him that -- using our city as a way to threaten the rest of the country...It's all too fuckin' much. It's fuckin' insane, that's what it is. I know things can't return to normal, but I sure wish they would. We're reaching new heights as far as bring shut-ins go. Can't go outside, can't see other people. This whole world is poison right now.

I've talked with my brother and sister in Southern California, and they're doing all right. It's kind of the same as here, actually. Everything's smoky and they're dealing with their grandkids attending school from home. Nothing is normal. I'm not sure what normal even means anymore.

It's been so strange for so long that I can barely remember what it used to be like. All my regular frames of reference are gone. I'm just hoping that this all comes to an end soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment