Saturday, September 19, 2020

my other life


with my back against a tree/ I rest here, in the shade/ for one moment I am free/ from the mess my life has made/ I dream of how it should have been/ before losing, born to win/ home with family, dogs, and friends/ meet my children and my wife/ welcome to my other life

I think about what I've missed/ as I walk these streets alone/ my simple mind still insists/ I've never really found my home/ I think about the days gone by/ the saying's old, but time does fly/ leaving you alone to cry/ out against its lies/I hide in my other life

(bridge) don't leave me here to wonder why/ I stare up slowly to the sky/ I wish to God that I could cry/ sometimes

sometimes I don't know who I am/ barely human, filled with sorrow/ I don't know if I can/ lift my face to see tomorrow/ so I dream of what could be/ changes to my history/ there's a world in front of me/ misery cuts like a knife/ so welcome to my other life


No comments:

Post a Comment