Monday, September 7, 2020

when the sun sets

 

when the sun sets/ will you wait for me/ to come in from the fields/ after a long, hot day/ will you tell me that it's worth it/ working all your life/ for a harvest that may never come/ your way

when the moon rises/will you sit with me/and talk about your day/with the work that you do/will you tell me that it's worth it/ sacrificing now for/ a day that may never come/ something that may not be true

(bridge) do you have faith in me/ that I will do what's right/ do you have faith in me/ in the still and silent night

when the morning breaks/ will you ease my mind/ will you tell me/ hope is on its way/will you tell me that it's worth it/ taking everything on faith/ can you convince me/ that we will not fade away


No comments:

Post a Comment