Thursday, April 20, 2023

broken things


my heart is just one
of the many broken things
that make up my life
I try to fix it
I keep imagining
but I don't believe my eyes
I sleep all day
I stay in bed
I do not want
the day ahead
what I really want instead
is a reason to go on
all these broken things
are where they don't belong

my mind has a place
among the broken things
sometimes I think it's lost
it wanders and strays
balancing on a string
I cannot afford the cost
I try to contain it
as best I can
but it can't comprehend
or understand
sometimes I don't give a damn
but I know that isn't true
with all these broken things
I don't know what to do

I pretend I'm healed
of all those broken things
but, of course, I'm really not
I try to escape
the pain they bring
but this time I know I'm caught
but still I hope
and still I try
to keep searching
with my sore eyes
I say I will not
compromise
but all those words
are only lies
I tell myself are real
all these broken things
are the only way I feel


No comments:

Post a Comment