Friday, April 14, 2023

I don't belong to you


I have nothing to say to you
why do you treat me like you do?
when you were mine I didn't have a clue
but now I've changed into someone new

          give me some time and I won't remember
          the way I used to always surrender
          I recall just what you put me through
          I'm strong now and I don't belong to you
          
everyone tells me you're living proof
that people don't always tell the truth
but I believed every word you spoke
now I'm the punchline to my own joke

          give me some time and I won't recall
          how you once had me against the wall
          you're just some trouble I got into
          but I'm strong now and I don't belong to you

          give me some time and I'll recover
          I'll learn to change and find another
          you'll fade someday like an old tattoo
          I'm strong now and I don't belong to you
        

No comments:

Post a Comment