Monday, April 24, 2023

I am a weed


I am a weed and you don't like me
you say I'm something you don't need
but I'm as precious as a flower
both of us were born from seeds
I know that you have your reasons
you want your garden to be just so
but I survive all four seasons
and I have the right to grow

I am a weed and you try to kill me
with chemicals and well-gloved hands
the winter cold may try to chill me
but my roots support me where I stand
you're convinced I am not wanted
and you believe I shouldn't stay
but weeds don't know that they don't count
they insist on growing everyday

I am a weed and we do our duty
so you might as well enjoy the view
if you look, you'll see our beauty
the same life force as you
leave us alone to our own being
because we are not hurting you
and respect those weeds you're pulling
because we've got a job to do

I am a weed and you don't like me


No comments:

Post a Comment