Saturday, April 22, 2023

if I was your dog


if I was your dog
I would be your best friend
my devotion to you
would never end
I would fetch your slippers
I would wag my tail
I would bark at the postman
when he brings the mail
we would have ourselves
a real dialogue
if I was your dog

if I was your cat
I would not ignore you
I would purr and meow
and do a whole lot for you
I would be your little pal
who almost never talks
I would sleep and dream of birds
and poop inside a box
you would see me hanging around
and say "imagine that!"
if I was your cat

          it's tough to be an animal
          in this society
          you should take me home
          and keep me company

if I was your man
I would be a human
I could be your sweetheart
and you would be my woman
I would follow you around
and be on my best behavior
you could be my soulmate
and I'd never be a stranger
I would take care of you
and do the best I can
if I was your man


No comments:

Post a Comment