Saturday, September 16, 2023

612 Southeast Fifth


612 Southeast Fifth
was the address of the church
the house of unforgiveness
the source of all my hurt
I was but an altar boy
for the congregation to see
but there were other things
that happened to me

I thought performing such a service
was a blessing, not a curse
but of all the sins on God's earth
this surely was the worst
I tried my best to put up a fight
I tried to make a stand
against the parish priest'
and the force inside his hands

all the things he did to me
I believed I could ignore
but somewhere in my mind
there was someone keeping score
I held it deep inside me
but it wouldn't go away
and the secret remains hidden
until this very day

save a place in your heart
for the ones who've been damaged
by those who have the power
by those with an advantage
some say serving the lord
could be a person's greatest gift
but I know the real meaning
of 612 Southeast Fifth


No comments:

Post a Comment