Tuesday, September 19, 2023

the house where I once lived (rewrite 1)


I don't go back there anymore
I know my keys won't fit the door
the lawn's been mowed
someone pulled the weeds
and nothing suits my wants and needs
in a building where secrets are hid
this is the house where I once lived

no children play out in the yard
the sun and moon both stand guard
living proof, it runs and hides
and I don't try to look inside
so many memories to forgive
this is the house where I once lived

          how I miss the people
          who occupied this place
          it was once my home
          now it's been erased

somebody else lives there now
I don't know who and I don't care how
the world in which I spent my days
has somehow changed and gone away
I will not be back, God forbid
this is the house where I once lived


No comments:

Post a Comment