Monday, September 4, 2023

special


I always wanted to be special
I guess that I failed
I tried to be the best
but the truth prevailed
all my shortcomings
were well defined
all of my failures
were well designed
will you be with me
can you see
the specialness
inside of me

I try to be normal
in all I say and do
always looking over my shoulder
to see what's coming through
I've been around the country
I graduated from school
I took all the lessons
and I followed the rules
I've been in the open
and I've learned to hide
but I don't feel special
down deep inside

so what if I'm common
like everyone else
but that's not what I wanted
for myself
I want to be the one
who always stands apart
tethered to the rhythm
of my own heart
I don't know where to turn
I don't know what to do
I want to be special
exactly like you


No comments:

Post a Comment