Friday, September 15, 2023

bridges


think I'll burn a few bridges
think I'll start with you
I've made my decision
and I know just what to do
if I lived a million lifetimes
I still would never see
another world where you
mean anything to me

it isn't all your fault
sometimes I can be a jerk
but I still didn't deserve
a heart that doesn't work
it's best that we are parted
and I think that I know how
I know I need to leave you
and I know the time is now

          you took me for granted
          you took me for a fool
          who doesn't know the purpose
          of following your rules

if I see you tomorrow
I will not look your way
because I believe you made me
the man I am today
now our time is over
and we'll both start anew
think I'll burn a few bridges
think I'll start with you


No comments:

Post a Comment