Tuesday, September 26, 2023

there are mornings


there are mornings when the rain falls/ and I run to catch the bus/ and the streets are shining silver/ and leaves blow in the wind/ lately I've been thinking/ all I need is a human touch/ then I will begin anew/ and start over again

there are mornings when I sleep late/ no longer the crack of dawn/ I brush my teeth, put on my slippers/ and do nothing all day/ better luck and blessings/ are what I depend upon/  go to the computer/ and waste the day away

all in all, it's just another day/ it comes and goes with nothing much to say

there are mornings I feel reckless/ I'm waiting for the day to begin/ and today holds such promise/ my future is in sight/ maybe I'll go out walking/ if I do, I don't know just when/ I know this moment will continue/ all the way into night


No comments:

Post a Comment